Perinatal Associates of New Mexico, Ltd. is always seeking qualified candidates for our team. If interested, please contact Gretchen Amstutz, director of Human Resources, at 505-217-3420.
The Perinatal Associates of New Mexico team is excited to announce an opening for Medical Secretary in our Santa Fe Office!
Our offices are extremely busy and Medical Secretaries must be able to handle incoming phone calls and patient interactions simultaneously. Candidate must be comfortable with developing strategies to keep track of various tasks and requests while also addressing interruptions from patients, providers or incoming phone calls. If you are the candidate to rise to this challenge, please apply today! Perinatal Associates is an award-winning employer offering outstanding benefits and an exceptional work environment. Apply and see what it is like to work for one of New Mexico’s Top 100 Workplaces!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Often busy, hectic, noisy or stressful with interruptions.
Involves frequent telephone contact with patients and physicians.
Interactions with others are constant and may be interruptive.
OB/GYN experience strongly preferred.
Strong ability to multitask is an absolute MUST.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list may not include all duties assigned and may be updated intermittently to accommodate miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Greet and acknowledge all patients.
- Maintain a positive and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Commitment to highest level customer service and satisfaction.
- Assist patients and providers with all aspects of registration and appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge of medical terminology with detailed and working understanding of obstetrical terms and conditions.
- Collect co-pays and account balances.
- Verify patient insurance coverage.
- Triage incoming calls to appropriate parties and relay messages to clinic and providers with appropriate documentation.
- Check answering service for messages, address or distribute accordingly.
- Confirm next day appointments.
- Inform proper parties of incoming fax messages.
- Build new patient charts.
- Work remotely with other office locations to coordinate scheduling, request archived medical records and supplies as needed.
- Processing of medical records; including chart organization in electronic medical record database and maintenance and organization of paper medical records if applicable.
- Back up for other administrative positions such a medical records department.
- Knowledge of all services rendered.
- Opening and closing office duties.
- Explain office policies to patients as needed.
- Maintain a clean or orderly reception/waiting room and work area.
- Reconcile daily activity report, balance day sheet.
- Process patient authorizations/referrals.
- Follow HIPAA regulations.
- Follow OSHA rules and regulations.
- Follow compliance rules and regulation against fraud and abuse.
- Coordinate repair and replacement of office equipment.
- Call patients for missed appointments and generate “No-Show” letters if needed.
- Type work excuse or restriction letters at provider/patient request.
- Inform administrator of operational problems.
- Handle a variety of matters including patient and department concerns; referring these matters to management team when necessary.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
To apply, please click here or fax resume to (505) 984-2541, Attn: Harlie/Chris